Got a Question?
Why does the club ask for an email address?
We use email addresses for communication to members throughout the season. Email communication is a fast and effective way of keeping members in touch with what’s going on around the club. We treat members contact details confidentially and will only send emails that are relevant to the membership. We do not “sell” email addresses to any third party.
Do you have a code of conduct for supporters?
Yes the BDFC has a code of conduct for our supporters. It includes the following:-
- Remember that you are there for the participants to enjoy the game
- Encourage participation, but don’t force it
- Teach that enjoyment is more important than winning
- Never ridicule mistakes or losses – supporters are there to support not downgrade
- Lead by example and respect all players, coaches, umpires and spectators – physical or verbal abuse will not be tolerated and you will be removed from the facilities
- Respect and appreciate all volunteers who are giving up their valuable time
- Never publicly criticise umpires – raise personal concerns with club officials in private
- Don’t use ugly remarks based on race, religion, gender or ability – you’ll let down your family and yourself if you do – & many such comments are actually now illegal
A full copy of the BDFC Code of Conduct for Coaches, Players, Parents, Officials and Supporters can be viewed on this website. Follow this link for more clarification: Codes of Conduct