1. Protecting Privacy
This policy describes the way the BDFC collect, hold and disclose personal information. Personal information is information that identifies you or could identify you. The BDFC are subject to the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), including the Australian Privacy Principles. The BDFC may vary this policy from time to time, by posting an updated policy accessible via BDFC Online.
Protecting personal information is fundamental to the BDFC's relationship with BDFC supporters, employees and players. All personal information received in connection with a BDFC product or service, or in the conduct of the BDFC business, is therefore treated seriously, having regard to the BDFC's legal obligations.
3. Accessing BDFC Online
"BDFC Online" refers to the Burnie Dockers Football Club Inc website with its top-level domain located at http://www.burniedockers.com.au/, all related sub-domains which provides a BDFC product, BDFC service or BDFC-related product or service. You need not disclose your identity to the BDFC in order to visit BDFC Online, except where personal information is voluntarily supplied, however the BDFC internet server may automatically record details about any computer used to access the website (such as the IP address, domain name and browser type), the date and time of access, and details of the information downloaded. This information is used for internal statistical purposes and to improve BDFC Online.
When you visit and browse BDFC Online, our website host and some third party service providers may collect information for statistical, reporting and maintenance purposes.
- the number of users visiting our website and the number of pages viewed;
- the date, time and duration of a visit;
- visiting patterns of individuals accessing BDFC Online;
- the IP address of your computer; and
- the path taken through our website.
The BDFC use website analytic services to help analyse how you use BDFC Online (Website Analytics). Website Analytics generate statistical and other information about website use by means including but not limited to cookies which are stored on users' computers. The information generated is used to create reports about the use of BDFC Online. Our third party providers of these services may store this information. The BDFC will not (and will not allow any third party to) use Website Analytics to track or to collect any personally identifiable information of visitors to BDFC Online. The BDFC will not associate any data gathered from BDFC Online with any personally identifying information from any source as part of the BDFC use of Website Analytics.
4. Information Collected
Generally, the BDFC collects personal information directly from your use of the BDFC's website or BDFC Online and any registration you make to receive information, including via email. The personal information which the BDFC collect and hold includes:
your name, address, email address, gender, occupation and contact information;
- information about dealings with us including membership history, and subscriptions for BDFC services;
- your BDFC game attendance history where you purchase a ticket or use your BDFC membership to obtain entry into a venue;
- your IP address and geolocation; and
- information derived from the use of "cookies".
- your credit card information; and
- details of the items ordered or purchased from us.
If you do not give personal information to the BDFC, it may affect the ability of the BDFC to provide you with products and/or services.
Where we engage with you multiple times over a short period in relation to the same matter, we may not provide you with a separate notice about privacy each time we engage with you.
5. Information from Third Parties
During the course of business, the BDFC may also collect personal information that is given to them by a third party (for example, a corporate partner of the BDFC or information that is on a publicly maintained record). This information forms part of the personal information described in this policy. The BDFC will not intentionally solicit personal information that is unintentionally disclosed.
6. Storage of Personal Information
This may happen if our service providers are located overseas, or if transactions, information, services or products have an overseas connection. Where such parties are located overseas, you may have rights to enforce such parties' compliance with applicable data protection laws, but you may not have recourse against those parties under the Australian Privacy Act in relation to how those parties treat your personal information.
7. Use & Disclosure of Personal Information
The BDFC collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for purposes including, without limitation:
- to verify your identity;
- to improve BDFC Online;
- to provide, and to assist BDFC Clubs with providing products and services to you, to manage and account for the products and services, and to improve the products and services;
- to manage BDFC's relationship(s) with you;
- to provide you with information about events, products and/or services that may interest you;
- to facilitate the internal business operations of the BDFC and the BDFC's Clubs;
- to promote and market BDFC events, products or services;
- to enable corporate partners and sponsors of the BDFC, including BDFC Clubs and the BDFC's digital rights partner Telstra, as well as their related bodies corporate, to market and promote their products and services to you; and
- to our third party service providers in connection with any of the above.
The BDFC may also disclose personal information where it is otherwise permitted to do so by law.
Where you provide your personal information directly to one BDFC Club, although it may be disclosed to the BDFC, that personal information will not ordinarily be shared with a different Tasmanian Club. However, there may be some circumstances where this personal information is shared between Tasmanian Clubs. For example, if in a transaction you purchase merchandise relating to another Tasmanian Club, that transaction may be disclosed to both Clubs.
You consent to the BDFC using your personal Information for sending you information, including promotional material, about the BDFC, or BDFC products and services, as well as the products and services of third parties, now and in the future. You also consent to us contacting you with such information by means of direct mail, email, SMS and MMS messages and via telephone. You can contact us using the contact details specified in paragraph 9 if you do not want to receive marketing information from us.
The BDFC do not otherwise disclose personal information without your permission, unless the disclosure is:
- required or authorised by law, including without limitation the Australian Privacy Principles under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
8. Information Security
The BDFC will take reasonable steps to protect all personal information within their direct control from misuse, interference, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. The BDFC will take reasonable steps to hold information securely in electronic or physical form in access controlled premises or in electronic databases requiring logins and passwords.
9. Contacting the BDFC Regarding Access & Correction and Privacy Complaints
An individual may:
request access to and seek the correction of their personal information held by the BDFC at any time;
- make a complaint in relation to a breach of privacy; or
by contacting the BDFC at firstname.lastname@example.org